Self Select is an attribution system where job seekers need to select from a "How did you hear about us?" drop-down menu during the application process. Depending on your ATS, you may not ahve the option of using Automatic Tracking or Integrated Apply, therefore Self Select is the only option to track candidates.
Here is an example of how Self Select tracking works:
- Job seeker finds your jobs on Glassdoor.
- Job seeker reads job description and clicks on "Apply Now".
- They will get redirected to your ATS to apply.
- While going through the application process, they may reach the section that includes the drop-down for "How did you hear about us?" Job seeker will then select from the list.
- Once they fill out the application, if Glassdoor was selected by the candidate, Glassdoor should then be listed as the source of this application with your ATS dashboard.
If you would like to switch to using an Email Apply option, see our What is Easy Apply? article.
- Still maintain the ability to track Glassdoor attribution.
- Unreliable tracking as job seekers may select incorrect sources.
- May not provide an accurate representation of where candidates are coming from.