You are free to close your Glassdoor account at any time. Before you do, however, it's important to consider that all contributions you have made in the past will be removed from the site and cannot be restored. You can create new contributions by creating an account with a different email address, you won't be able to retrieve any of your current content if you choose to close your current account.
Some alternatives to consider before closing your account are:
If you're still on the fence about closing your user account, we encourage you to keep it open, because you have nothing to lose. At the very least, you'll have the ability to share your work experiences with others and benefit from reading about other's experiences. This member contribution interchange is what makes Glassdoor such a unique and irreplaceable tool in the job search!
- You may simply want to unsubscribe from Glassdoor marketing emails or other email alerts, which will still allow you to use your account in the future.
- You can remove your social connections from being connected to your Glassdoor site login.
- If you have an Employer Account, you can opt to remove your employer access but keep your Glassdoor account (and your past review response) active.
- If you wish to do this, Contact Us for assistance.
If you still want to close your account:
- Sign in to Glassdoor.
- Click the Glassdoor Profile icon on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Click Account in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Account page.
- Click Close Account.
- Confirm that you would like to permanently close your account by entering your password. Click Close Account again.
- You will receive a message indicating your account was successfully closed.
Because we want to help you no matter what, you'll always have access to our blog, which is constantly being updated with new articles that are useful to the employed and unemployed alike. It will always be our number-one mission to help you find a job you love!