You are free to close your Glassdoor account at any time. Before you do, however, it's important to consider the following factors:
If you still want to close your account (understanding that this cannot be undone), follow the instructions below:
- Once you close your account, it cannot be undone. Also, your associated email address cannot be used to create a new account in the future. (This applies to all Glassdoor user accounts including Free Employer Accounts.)
- You may simply want to unsubscribe from Glassdoor marketing emails or other email alerts, which will still allow you to use your account in the future. To change your "Unsubscribe" settings, click here.
- You can remove your social connections from being connected to your Glassdoor site login. Click here for instructions.
- If you close your account, all contributions you have made in the past will be removed from the site and cannot be restored. You can create new contributions by creating an account with a different email address, you won't be able to retrieve any of your current content if you choose to close your current account.
- If you have an Employer Account, you can opt to remove your employer access but keep your Glassdoor account (and your past review response) active. If you wish to do this, please contact us.
If you're still on the fence about closing your user account, we encourage you to keep it open, because you have nothing to lose. At the very least, you'll have the ability to share your work experiences with others and benefit from reading about theirs. This member contribution interchange is what makes Glassdoor such a unique and irreplaceable tool in the job search!
- First, sign into Glassdoor.
- Click the Glassdoor profile icon on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Click Account in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Account page.
- Click Close Account.
- Confirm that you would like to permanently close your account by entering your password. Clicking Close Account again.
- You will receive a success message when your account has been closed.
Because we want to help you no matter what, you'll always have access to our blog, which is constantly being updated with new articles that are useful to the employed and unemployed alike. It will always be our number-one mission to help you find a job you love!